Taking a video clip is one thing but editing the clip and enhancing the quality is another broader aspect.
You can do various things with your video to make it more exciting and engaging to the viewer.
Aside from applying video effects like transitions, you can as well give it a cinematic look, and there’s one way you can do that - add a Cinematic Black Bar.
Have you watched YouTube videos or movies and seen a black bar at the top? That is the Cinematic Black Bar. In movie production, it is often referred to as a CinemaScope.
A Cinematic Black Bar adds taste to your videos and gives them a ‘Hollywood-film-look.’ All video editors want that, right? If you are one of them, read on because we will show you how to add this effect when using Premiere Pro as your editing tool.
Follow these steps to add a Cinematic Black Bar to your clips.
- Launch Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Import your video to Premiere Pro.
- Drag and drop the video to the sequence timeline.
- Create an adjustment layer by dragging and dropping the adjustment layer above your footage area.
- Under Effects, search for ‘Crop,’ then drag and drop it on the adjustment layer.
- Under the Effects Control Panel, input 13% for the top and 13% for the bottom.
And you’re done! By following these simple steps, you will be able to see a black bar in your footage.